• INTRODUCTION •
Surgical technologists are the person who works under the authority of a surgeon to facilitate the safe and proper conduct of surgical procedures. They look that the environment is safe and the equipment are working properly, and then the operations are conducted.
WHO ARE SURGICAL TECH ?
- “A great surgical tech , is the person with basic knowledge of instruments and equipment, but also the person should be actively engaged in the operation hall .The person should be alert during any operation time because whenever the doctors required any equipment ,
- they should be be actively give them and their mind should not be divert in the operation hall. They plays an important role during any performing operation. They passes the instruments to the nurses fast so that during any emergency any bad moments doesn’t occurs. Even they need to manage all the instruments after the operation ends.
• SALARY OF SURGICAL TECH •
- The average base salary of surgical tech is ₹303,391 per year . Then the salary depends on the basis they work, government surgical tech gets well paid compared to the private surgical tech ,
- they also need to work more .The salary also depends on the work they perform and they show their interest .
IS THE JOB STRESSFUL ?
- A surgical technician job is very stressful and physically active job for a number of reasons one of them is long working hours, the person may need to be on-call, or work night shifts and with less weekends. Their work is very stressful . They required lot of stamina for their work.
HOW TO BECOME ?
- The person who want to pursue in this field they should pass 10+2 examination with science subjects. The person should know anatomy, biology, medical vocabulary, and basic pharmacology,
- along with this surgical tech education programs also require lab training, operations training , surgical equipment, and supervised surgical procedures. The person should do 15 months course to pursue this job under this field.
Do surgical technicians do stitches ?
- No, stitches are done by the Doctors. Surgical Tech need to get ready their patients for surgery including washing, shaving, and disinfecting the wound area.
- During surgery, surgical tech only need to pass instruments and other equipment to the doctor who is performing the operation. Their work is to clean the wound and help the doctor for the operation .
Is Surgical Tech a good career ?
- Yes, obviously , it is the one of the best career under the health care sector . The job growth is strong under this field . The growth in surgical tech job, according to the recent U.S. Bureau of Labour Statistics is 9 %,
- faster than any other average job growth and gave thousands of new position to the young ones under this field in last 10 years. At very less time one can easily get this job .
Do Surgical Tech require math ?
- In this field the person should know simple calculations or unit conversion may but no any other advanced math calculation is required.
- There is a 3 credit hour known general education requirement for mathematics. Hard maths are not required ,the one with less and basic knowledge of maths can go under this field.
HOW MUCH DOES A SURGICAL ?
- Surgical Tech works between 8 and 12 hours , from Monday – Friday. The per surgical tech make 1,951 per hour , which varies from private job to govt job.
• CONCLUSION •
- Surgical Techs, also referred to as Surgical Technologists, Operating Room Technicians, or Surgical Technicians, assist surgeons, surgical assistants, nurses and anesthesiologists during medical procedures.
- Example resumes of Surgical Techs include such tasks as sterilizing medical instruments, passing surgical instruments to surgeons, and prepping patients for surgery . Thus, surgical tech is a perfect job in less duration .